Multi-platinum-selling global superstar Carrie Underwood released the official music video for her new single “Love Wins.” The powerful, uplifting and colorful video was directed by Shane Drake. Carrie co-wrote “Love Wins” with David Garcia and Brett James and is the new single from her highly-anticipated studio album, Cry Pretty, available on Friday (September 14th). In addition, Carrie co-wrote eight other songs on Cry Pretty, which she co-produced alongside David Garcia.
“This song is hopeful,” says Carrie. “It’s saying no matter who you are, what you feel, what you think, we’re all human beings. We all deserve love. We all deserve respect and we all should try to show that to one another.”
Cry Pretty has already received early media praise. Rolling Stone declares Underwood as “arena country’s mightiest voice, as Cry Pretty reaffirms” and Entertainment Weekly calls Cry Pretty “her most emotionally accessible work to date.”
Carrie has scheduled several appearances in promotion of Cry Pretty. She’ll perform on NBC’s The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon Thursday (September 13th) followed by the Today Show Summer Concert Series on Friday (September 14th), CBS Sunday Morning (September 15th) and The Ellen Show (September 19th). On September 20th, she will receive her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and will perform at the upcoming iHeart Radio Music Festival on September 22nd in Las Vegas.
You can pre-order the album here.
Cry Pretty Track List:
- Cry Pretty (Carrie Underwood, Hillary Lindsey, Lori McKenna, Liz Rose)
- Ghosts On The Stereo (Hillary Lindsey, Tom Douglas, Andrew Dorff)
- Low (Carrie Underwood, David Garcia, Hillary Lindsey)
- Backsliding (Carrie Underwood, David Garcia, Hillary Lindsey)
- Southbound (Carrie Underwood, David Garcia, Josh Miller)
- That Song That We Used To Make Love To (Hillary Lindsey, Jason Evigan)
- Drinking Alone (Carrie Underwood, David Garcia, Brett James)
- The Bullet (Marc Beeson, Andy Albert, Allen Shamblin)
- Spinning Bottles (Carrie Underwood, David Garcia, Hillary Lindsey)
- Love Wins (Carrie Underwood, David Garcia, Brett James)
- End Up With You (Hillary Lindsey, Brett McLaughlin, Will Weatherly)
- Kingdom (Carrie Underwood, Chris DeStefano, Dave Barnes)
Produced by David Garcia and Carrie Underwood
Bonus Track – The Champion (featuring Ludacris) (Carrie Underwood, Brett James, Chris DeStefano, Christopher Bridges) Produced by Jim Jonsin.
Carrie will launch her new arena trek, The Cry Pretty Tour 360, May 1st in Greensboro, North Carolina and will play 55 arenas across the U.S. and Canada. She’ll be joined on tour by special guests Maddie & Tae and Runaway June.
Before she hits the road, she will co-host the CMA Awards for the 11th consecutive year.
Carrie Underwood (Love Wins) 1 OC: …than just us. 1:00
“’Love Wins’ started out with a track and sometimes when you listen to music you’re like well this song this is inspiring. This is hopeful. This is joyous. This is that kind of song. And Brett said this music needs some grand title, like ‘Love Wins.’ And I was like okay, let’s write that. And the three of us are me and Brett and David, we’re all religious beings. We all believe in a higher power. I feel like we kind of all are on the same page-ish as far as that goes. But we wanted to write this song acknowledging a broken world. We’ve always been a broken world. We’ll always be a broken world, but there’s something about the human spirit that whether you are religious or not we all have that sense that there’s more than just right here, more than just us.”