Superstar Carrie Underwood wraps a stellar 2023, with numerous highlights including:
- The Denim & Rhinestones Tour – Carrie’s critically-acclaimed 43-city arena tour kicked off October 2022 and wrapped March 2023 with sold-out performances across the U.S. The tour featured surprise appearances from special guests including Brad Paisley, Axl Rose and Jason Aldean. Carrie also announced a donation to Tunnel To Towers of over $420,000 raised by her fans who attended the tour, representing $1 from each ticket sold on the tour that will go directly towards supporting America’s heroes and their families.
“The Best Country Concerts We Saw In 2023…Carrie Underwood brought her wildly successful Denim & Rhinestones Tour to Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena on March 1. The two-hour show was a jaw-dropping spectacle that found the eight-time GRAMMY winner showcasing her impeccable vocals and commanding stage presence while bringing her biggest hits to life with larger-than-life production elements. There was fire, several eye-catching outfit changes, a giant swing that flew her across the arena, pyrotechnics, stunning visuals, and so much more. Underwood truly outdid herself on this tour.”
– Country Now (12/1/23)
- Denim & Rhinestones (Deluxe Edition) – Released September 2023, co-produced by Carrie and featuring 6 new tracks including “Out of That Truck.” Carrie took over multiple hours of NBC’s Today Show to celebrate the release:
“Carrie rocks out on this defiant stomper (“Out Of That Truck”) addressed to her ex. She vows that no matter how hard he tries, he’ll never erase her memory from his truck, because they shared so much in it. A winner.”
– MusicRow (5/25/23)
- REFLECTION: The Las Vegas Residency – Carrie continues to rock Las Vegas with her first residency. She opened the new state-of-the-art theatre in December 2021, and her ongoing, multi-year run continued with sold-out engagements through 2022-2023, and has extended into 2024:
“Be Blown Away By Carrie Underwood’s Las Vegas Strip Residency…a voice so fierce it fills the space the moment she lets out her first note. The singer stuns at every moment of this show…she displays her full range of talents to her Vegas crowds….the singer pulls out her final stop, which (spoiler incoming) is an impressive water feature that is unlike anything you could possibly imagine….It’s magnificent and memorable, and it perfectly concludes the over-the-top, Vegas-style spectacle.
– Las Vegas Magazine (12/1/23)
- Carrie launched CARRIE’S COUNTRY, her own 24-hour 24/7 channel on SiriusXM channel 60, in June.
- Carrie joined Guns N’ Roses North America 2023 Tour for three special stadium appearances this Summer.
“Underwood belted out the lyrics to the iconic rock hit (Heart’s “Alone”), proving once again that she is one of the greatest powerhouse singers of this generation.”
– Country Now (8/6/23)
“Living out her ‘rockstar dreams,’ Underwood captivated the capacity crowd with her show-stopping renditions of iconic rock hits. From Joan Jett’s “Bad Reputation” to Pat Benatar’s “Hit Me With Your Best Shot,” she flawlessly channeled the spirit and energy of these legendary rockers…The surprises didn’t end there as Carrie Underwood delivered powerful performances of Rolling Stones’ “Wild Horses” and Led Zeppelin’s “Rock And Roll,” among others. Each note she hit and every lyric she sang exuded confidence and a deep appreciation for the rock classics…Known for her powerhouse vocals and country anthems, Underwood delivered epic renditions of the rock hits. Her performance allowed fans to see that not only is she a force to be reckoned with in Country music but also a massive fan of rock n’ roll.”
– Music Mayhem (8/6/23)
- Carrie celebrated her 11th Season performing the Sunday Night Football anthem.
- In October, Carrie began a collaboration with Allegiant Travel Company, in support of the company’s Allways Rewards Visa® credit card and loyalty program, which kicked off with three national spots, and can be viewed here.
- Carrie brought the house down with her showstopping tribute to inductee George Michael at the 2023 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony, which streamed live on Disney TV+ and will air on ABC in January.
“George Michael…was a vocal dynamo, the rare pop star whose celebrity was matched by their vocal prowess. So it only made sense that the night’s most vocally impressive moment came during his homage…Carrie Underwood stole the show with a soul-rending ‘One More Try,’ imbuing it with all the hurt, yearning and quiet grace of Michael’s original.”
– Billboard (11/4/23)
“Carrie Underwood was among the stars who took the stage at the 2023 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony, delivering a scorching tribute to inductee George Michael by singing ‘One More Try’ in his honor. The country superstar delivered a note-perfect rendition of the powerful ballad, which served as the fourth single from Michael’s landmark 1987 album, Faith. Underwood gives a tightly controlled, but emotionally vulnerable performance.
– Taste of Country (11/4/23)
- March 2023 marked the third anniversary of fit52, Carrie’s community-powered fitness app, which makes it easy for users to find their path to a stronger, healthier version of themselves, 52 weeks of the year.
- Carrie was nominated this year for ACM’s Entertainer of the Year, CMA’s Entertainer of the Year, CMT’s Video of the Year and Female Video of the Year, iHeart Radio Music Awards’ Country Artist of the Year, Favorite Tour Style, and Favorite Residency, and for The Female Artist of 2023, The Concert Tour of 2023 and The Social Country Star of 2023 at the inaugural People’s Choice Country Awards.
- Carrie ended 2023 on yet another high note, when she was honored by SoundExchange, the premier music tech organization powering the future of music, with the SoundExchange Hall of Fame Award as one of the most streamed artists in the organization’s 20-year history.