We have compiled an array of content — liners and soundbites – from CHRIS STAPLETON to equip you with some tools that we hope will come in handy and help you roll out tracks leading up to – and following – the release of his new album, HIGHER. Download the toolkit HERE.
Chris Stapleton is set to release his fifth studio album, Higher, on Friday (November 10th). Produced by Dave Cobb, Morgane Stapleton, and Stapleton, Higher was recorded at Nashville’s RCA Studio A. Across its 14 songs, Stapleton showcases his supernatural voice and musical versatility with songs that span genres and defy easy categorization. Alongside Stapleton (vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, slide electric guitar), the album features Cobb (acoustic guitar, eclectic guitar), J.T. Cure (bass), Paul Franklin (pedal steel), Derek Mixon (drums), Morgane (background vocals, synthesizer, tambourine), and Lee Pardini (organ, piano).
One of the country’s most respected and beloved musicians, in the past year Stapleton was named Entertainer of the Year at the 58th ACM Awards—resulting in a prestigious ACM Triple Crown Award. Additionally, in February, he performed the National Anthem at Super Bowl LVII and has collaborated in recent years with Adele, Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Ed Sheeran, Justin Timberlake, P!nk, Sheryl Crow, Santana and many more.
The new album follows 2020’s acclaimed Starting Over, which went on to win three awards at the 67th Annual GRAMMYs: Best Country Album, Best Country Solo Performance (“You Should Probably Leave”) and Best Country Song (“Cold”) in addition to earning Album of the Year honors at both the CMA and ACM Awards. Called a “a sure-footed masterpiece” by the Associated Press, the album landed on “Best of 2020” lists at NPR Music, Rolling Stone, Billboard, Esquire, Vulture, The Tennessean, and The New York Times, who declared, “Chris Stapleton’s roar isn’t designed to scare you off. It’s regal, an announcement of an alpha figure asserting his primacy…on this, his fourth album, the thrill is back.” Prior to Starting Over, Stapleton released a pair of Platinum-certified releases in 2017—From A Room: Volume 1 and From A Room: Volume 2—as well as his x5 Platinum breakthrough solo debut album in 2015, Traveller.
HIGHER Track List:
- What Am I Gonna Do (Chris Stapleton, Miranda Lambert)
- South Dakota (Chris Stapleton, Dave Cobb, Derek Mixon, J.T. Cure)
- Trust (Chris Stapleton, Steve McEwan)
- It Takes A Woman (Ronnie Bowman, Jerry Salley)
- The Fire (Chris Stapleton, Dave Cobb, Morgane Stapleton, Derek Mixon, J.T. Cure)
- Think I’m In Love With You (Chris Stapleton)
- Loving You On My Mind (Chris Stapleton, Kendell Marvel, Tim James)
- White Horse (Chris Stapleton, Dan Wilson)
- Higher (Chris Stapleton)
- The Bottom (Chris Stapleton, Lee Miller)
- The Day I Die (Chris Stapleton, Carolyn Dawn Johnson)
- Crosswind (Chris Stapleton, Dave Cobb, Derek Mixon, J.T. Cure)
- Weight Of Your World (Chris Stapleton, Tim Larsson, Tobias Lundgren, Johan Fransson)
- Mountains Of My Mind (Chris Stapleton)