Multi-Platinum-selling No. 1 singer-songwriter Lauren Alaina wraps up a career-defining year despite a halt in touring, live music and being face-to-face with her fans because of COVID-19. At the beginning of 2020, the rising superstar had sold out and wrapped her first-ever headlining That Girl Was Me tour and was touring with superstar Blake Shelton when everything was put on pause and they came off the road. Lauren didn’t stay paused for long and began plans for staying connected with her fans and making music.
In addition to her successful sold-out first headlining tour, the Georgia native has celebrated several career milestones this year including racking up another career No. 1, another RIAA Platinum certification, two EP releases, recording a duet with one of her mentors, several national television performances and made herself available to be part of several charitable events/fundraisers.
“I read through this list with tears in my eyes,” said Alaina. “I cannot believe all that my team and I have been able to accomplish in a year where everything felt like it stopped. This list is proof of the dedication I have from my team and my fans. I can’t wait to add to it.”
2020 career highlights for Alaina included:
- PEOPLE.com world premiered her landmark history-making video last week for her duet with Danish pop sensation Lukas Graham “What Do You Think Of?”, from her current Getting Over Him EP
- The video “What Do You Think Of?”, directed by TK McKamy, to date marks the largest-scale Virtual Production (VP) shoot for a music video in the world – a major filmmaking achievement where the paths of video game industry and filmmaking converge. Major Hollywood studios have begun adopting some form of VP in high-budget series like Disney’s “The Mandalorian” and HBO’s “Westworld.”
- Performing on this Saturday night’s Grand Ole Opry (12/19). Her performance will air during the Opry’s one-hour television broadcast, Opry Live, on Circle
- Alaina got creative with ways to connect with her fans when concert touring was paused. She launched a subscription box, “Lauren Alaina’s surPRIZE Box,” featuring one-of-a-kind items along with some of her favorite things that are delivered directly to fans. Available quarterly.
- First-ever career headlining tour, That Girl Was Me (SOLD OUT)
- Touring with Blake Shelton’s Friends and Heroes Tour (right as live shows were paused)
- Released Getting Good EP in March
- Recorded duet with her idol/mentor Trisha Yearwood on the title track/single “Getting Good”
- Alaina realized a dream come true being invited to be Yearwood’s guest on her cooking show, “Trisha’s Southern Kitchen” which aired on the Food Network
- Her duet with friend and rising superstar Kane Brown, “What Ifs,” was certified for 6 million singles sold
- She joined Kane Brown as a surprise guest to perform “What Ifs” at the halftime show of the traditional Thanksgiving Day Dallas Cowboys football game
- Alaina scored her 3rd career No. 1 (in less than 4 years) with her HARDY and Devin Dawson collaboration “One Beer”
- In April, with the Grand Ole Opry keeping the music playing even without a live in-house audience, Alaina was invited to be part of the Saturday night live telecast with Opry member Terri Clark and rising star Ashley McBryde
- She was invited back in October to perform on the Grand Ole Opry’s popular 12th annual Opry Goes Pink to help raise awareness for breast cancer research
- Alaina partnered with VYE LIVE for two headlining virtual livestream concerts. Her first one featured Lukas Graham and the second welcomed special guests Devin Dawson, Lindsay Ell, HARDY and Jon Pardi.
- Alaina was tapped to host of the new weekly Circle TV series, Jesus Calling: Stories of Faith, the inspirational series, based off the namesake book Jesus Calling ® (Thomas Nelson). Airing through December.
- Performed “Run” on the 94th Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade live from New York City
- Performed in the 93rd Annual Nashville Christmas Parade benefiting the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt
- Performs and hosts Musician on Call’s (MOC) “I’m On Call for Tennessee” virtual concert that will be available to healthcare facilities statewide for patients and staff to enjoy throughout the month of December through MOC’s Virtual Bedside Performance Program
- Performs the classic “Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree” on Gaylord Hotels Christmas Special “SO. MUCH. CHRISTMAS.” airing in December on Circle TV.
- Alaina released her Getting Over Him EP in September and kicked off her launch with a performance of her song “Run” on Good Morning America
- Her Getting Over Him EP garnered major national media exposure with interviews and features on Entertainment Tonight, E! News, PEOPLE Magazine (9/17 print issue), People.com, People Now, CMT Hot 20 (9/12), USA TODAY, American Songwriter, Tennessean, Hollywood Life, FoxNews.com, CMT.com, PopCulture.com, Nashville Lifestyles, Country Now, Sounds Like Nashville, Taste of Country, The Boot and more.
- Days after the release of her Getting Over Him EP, her duet “What Do You Think Of?” featuring international pop sensation Lukas Graham shot up the iTunes chart hitting No. 1 on iTunes country and No. 4 on the all-genre chart. “What Do You Think Of?” continues to rise on the Radio Disney Country and Sirius XM’s The Highway chart.
- This summer, Alaina travelled to Washington D.C. to perform on the 40th annual broadcast of the top-rated PBS special “A Capitol Fourth performing “This Land Is My Land”
- She performed “Two Pina Coladas” with Lindsay Ell and Cassadee Pope on the CMA Summer Stay-Cay livestream special
- Alaina was part of CMT’s Benefit Concert for Love & Acceptance
- She performed with Kane Brown their 6XPlatinum-selling “What Ifs” on the nationally-televised CMA Best of Fest on ABC.
About Lauren Alaina:
Multi-Platinum-selling singer/songwriter Lauren Alaina’s current EP, Getting Over Him, includes six songs that feature her signature powerhouse vocals including “Run,” which addresses the rat race of life we are all on, the feisty and clever “If I Was A Beer,” the emboldened “Bar Back,” the thought-provoking sentimental “Seen You In Your Hometown,” as well as, for the first time on one of her projects, two duets including the title track “Getting Over Him” featuring Jon Pardi and the emotionally difficult “What Do You Think Of?” featuring international pop sensation Lukas Graham, which American Songwriter raves as “stunning.”
Getting Over Him and the previous Getting Good EP (March 2020) are evidence of Lauren’s evolution as a songwriter and as an artist as she wrote each of the songs on both EPs. The pair of EPs follow her No. 1 smash “Road Less Traveled” from the 2017 most-streamed album of the year for a female country artist, Road Less Traveled.
Alaina has earned three No. 1 hit singles in just under three years with her smash “Road Less Traveled” (2017), the now 6x Platinum “What Ifs” (2018) with her childhood friend and superstar Kane Brown (his first career No. 1) and most recently “One Beer” (2020) with friend and rising star HARDY (also his first career No. 1 as an artist).
Lauren’s critically acclaimed sophomore album, Road Less Traveled, landed on multiple “Best Of” lists including Billboard, Rolling Stone and Amazon, and it became the top-streamed female country album release of 2017. Praised as “full of life lessons and uplift” (PEOPLE), the collection of 12 songs all written by the young star includes Lauren’s first No. 1 smash, “Road Less Traveled,” “Doin’ Fine,” and the inspiring, “Three.”
The “sassy Southerner with killer pipes” (PARADE) has shared the stage with superstars including Alan Jackson, Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood, Luke Bryan, Martina McBride and Jason Aldean, and sold out her own, first-ever headlining, That Girl Was Me Tour.
Lauren has received multiple nominations for ACM Awards, CMA Awards, CMT Music Awards, Teen Choice Awards, Radio Disney Awards and Billboard Music Awards. Awards include 2017 ACM New Female Vocalist of the Year, CMT Breakthrough Video of the Year for her “Road Less Traveled,” and CMT Collaborative Video of the Year for “What Ifs,” the 6x Platinum-selling No. 1 hit with childhood friend, Kane Brown.
The Georgia native has played on some of the highest-profile stages in the world including national television performances on PBS’s A Capitol Fourth, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, TODAY, ABC’s Good Morning America, The Ellen Degeneres Show, Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, ABC’s CMA Fest specials, CMA and ACM Awards, Dallas Cowboys Thanksgiving Day halftime performance and more including a performance at the White House for President Obama for a PBS special.
For more information and tour dates, please visit http://laurenalainaofficial.com/ and follow Lauren at @Lauren_Alaina on Twitter, @laurenalaina on Instagram and on Facebook. For videos go to her YouTube (@LaurenAlainaAIVEVO)