NASHVILLE, Tenn. (August 3, 2015) – CMA and ACM Entertainer of the Year Luke Bryan played three sold-out shows on his “Kick The Dust Up Tour” over the weekend and heads into his album release week with the No. 1 song in the nation as “Kick The Dust Up” hits the top of both the Media Base and Billboard charts. The song becomes his 13th career No. 1 and is the fastest rising single of his career. “Kick the Dust Up” is the debut single from Luke’s fifth studio album KILL THE LIGHTS, due in stores thisFriday, August 7.
Luke will launch the album with numerous media appearances and performances set in New York City. The celebration begins with an exclusive iHeartRadio Album Release Party from the iHeartRadio Theater in New York City on Thursday, August 6. Bobby Bones will host the intimate performance and Q&A. The event will broadcast on-air as a 30-minute special on iHeartMedia Country radio stations, with a 60-minute video stream online across station websites and iHeartRadio.com at 8 p.m. local times.
The following morning on album release day Friday, August 7, Luke will appear on GOOD MORNING AMERICA’S “2015 Summer Concert Series” live from Rumsey Playfield in Central Park. During his appearance Luke will perform a few hits and debut his co-penned second single “Strip It Down” from KILL THE LIGHTS.
That evening, Citi will present an exclusive Luke concert that will stream live from Irving Plaza on August 7th on the Live Nation Channel on Yahoo. Tickets will be available for purchase exclusively for Citi cardmembers beginning Wednesday, August 5th at 10:00 am EST. Fans can tune in to stream the concert live online on August 7th at 9:00 pm ET here. Fans will also have the freedom to stream the concert wherever they are through the Yahoo Screen App on mobile devices (iOS & Android) and connected devices (Apple TV, Roku and Xbox). This live stream is part of Live Nation’s partnership with Yahoo, bringing live concerts and festivals to music fans across the globe.
On Monday, August 10 Luke will stop by for a chat and perform “Strip It Down” on THE TONIGHT SHOW Starring Jimmy Fallon.
KILL THE LIGHTS was produced by Jeff Stevens and Jody Stevens and contains 13 songs, six of which were co-written by Luke including the title track. The album’s first single “Kick The Dust Up” was written by Dallas Davidson, Chris Destefano and Ashley Gorley and is also the name of Luke’s 2015 tour.
KILL THE LIGHTS
1. Kick The Dust Up (Dallas Davidson, Chris Destefano and Ashley Gorley)
2. Kill The Lights (Luke Bryan, Jody Stevens and Jeff Stevens)
3. Strip It Down (Luke Bryan, Jon Nite and Ross Copperman)
4. Home Alone Tonight (Featuring Karen Fairchild) (Jody Stevens, Cole Taylor, Jaida Dreyer and Tommy Cecil)
5. Razor Blade (Jeff Hyde, Ryan Tyndell and Rodney Clawson)
6. Fast (Luke Bryan, Rodney Clawson and Luke Laird)
7. Move (Luke Bryan, Michael Carter and Jay Clementi)
8. Just Over (Chase McGill, Brad Tursi and Jessie Jo Dillon)
9. Love It Gone (Jody Stevens and Jay Clementi)
10. Way Way Back (Luke Bryan, Ashley Gorley and Rodney Clawson)
11. To The Moon And Back (Tom Douglas, Hillary Lindsey and Tony Lane)
12. Huntin,’ Fishin’ And Lovin’ Every Day (Luke Bryan, Dallas Davidson, Rhett Akins and Ben Hayslip)
13. Scarecrows (Ashley Gorley, Trevor Rosen and Shane McAnally)
14. Corner Booth (Luke Bryan, Cole Swindell and Jimmy Robbins)
15. Little Boys Grow Up And Dogs Get Old (Luke Bryan and Tony Lane)
16. Buddies (Luke Bryan and Dallas Davidson)
KILL THE LIGHTS is available for pre-order now: http://umgn.us/lbktl
Since the debut of his first album in 2007, Superstar Luke Bryan has placed 13 singles at No. 1 and sold 7.5 million albums with 30 million digital tracks from his four studio albums. He has been named Entertainer of the Year by both the Academy of Country Music (twice) and the Country Music Association.
In 2014, Luke achieved the best touring year of his career with 1.7 million fans attending his concerts. In early 2015, Luke played his first-ever shows in Europe and on May 22 the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum launched a new exhibit, “Luke Bryan: Dirt Road Diary.” The exhibit runs through November 8, 2015.
Luke’s 2015 headline concert tour, “Kick The Dust Up Tour,” is selling out shows across North America and continues through October. To date, Luke has sold-out seven stadium dates on tour with a few more planned this year. This fall he will embark on his seventh annual “Bayer Presents Luke Bryan Farm Tour 2015” performing in eight cities across the south, granting local college scholarships to students from a farming family within the communities the tour plays.
On July 24, Luke launched a fan app through mobile technology company Disciple Media. The app is available to download from the iTunes App Store and Google Play Store at $1.99 per month, or for $22.99 per year. The first month is a free trial.