Mickey Guyton will release her album, Remember Her Name, on September 24th. Mickey co-penned 15 of the 16 songs on the album. Remember Her Name follows the release of her critically acclaimed EP Bridges which included “Black Like Me” for which she went on to receive a historic GRAMMY nomination. Her performance on the prestigious GRAMMY show was the first by a Black female country artist and was touted by NPR as “the night’s most affecting live performance.”
“Remember Her Name is a culmination of the last ten years of my life in Nashville,” shares Guyton. “This album is the closing of a chapter. All those years ago, I set out to create music that would make people feel self-empowered, loved, and comfortable with being themselves and this album holds true to all of that. I hope everyone who listens finds something that connects and speaks to them.”
Mickey is coming off an incredible year that saw her co-hosting the 56th Academy of Country Music Awards in April with labelmate Keith Urban, a historic performance and nomination for “Black Like Me” on the 63rd GRAMMY Awards in March and “Black Like Me” being named a Top 5 song of 2020 (all genre) by NPR and The Associated Press.
Mickey was recently featured on the cover of Billboard and profiled in The New Yorker. Over the last year she has been featured in American Songwriter, BBC News, CBS This Morning, Ebony, Elle, Entertainment Weekly, Essence, HITS, The Kelly Clarkson Show, Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Los Angeles Times, New York Magazine’s Vulture, New York Times, PEOPLE, Pollstar, Rolling Stone, Today Show, USA Today, Variety, VIBE, Vogue, Washington Post and many more.
Physical pre-order available HERE.
Mickey Guyton’s Remember Her Name Track List:
- Remember Her Name (Mickey Guyton, Parker Welling, Blake Hubbard, Jarrod Ingram) Produced by Karen Kosowski
- All American (Mickey Guyton, Victoria Banks, Emma-Lee, Karen Kosowski) Produced by Karen Kosowski
- Different (Mickey Guyton, Emma-Lee, Karen Kosowski) Produced by Karen Kosowski
- Love My Hair (Mickey Guyton, Anna Krantz) Produced by Karen Kosowski with additional production by Johnny Simmen
- Lay It On Me (Mickey Guyton, Jaden Michaels, Gavin Slate) Produced by Karen Kosowski and Gavin Slate
- Higher (Mickey Guyton, Nathan Chapman, Fraser Churchill, Preston Glass, Narada Walden) Produced by Nathan Chapman
- Dancing In The Living Room (Mickey Guyton, Karen Kosowski, Victoria Banks, Emma-Lee) Produced by Karen Kosowski
- Do You Really Wanna Know (Mickey Guyton, Melissa Fuller, Andy Skib) Produced by Andy Skib
- Black Like Me (Mickey Guyton, Emma Davidson-Dillon, Fraser Churchill, Nathan Chapman) Produced by Nathan Chapman and Forest Whitehead
- Words (Mickey Guyton, Abbey Cone, David Kalmusky) Produced by David Kalmusky
- What Are You Gonna Tell Her? (Mickey Guyton, Karen Kosowski, Victoria Banks, Emma-Lee) Produced by Karen Kosowski
- Smoke (Mickey Guyton, Nathan Chapman, Balewa Muhammad) Produced by Karen Kosowski
- Rosé (Mickey Guyton, Karen Kosowski, Victoria Banks) Produced by Karen Kosowski and Forest Whitehead
- Indigo (Mickey Guyton, Jimmy Robbins, Laura Veltz, Mozella) Produced by Jimmy Robbins
- If I Were A Boy (Toby Gad, Brittany Jean Carlson) Produced by Karen Kosowski
- Better Than You Left Me (Fly Higher Version) (Mickey Guyton, Nathan Chapman, Jennifer Hanson, Jenn Schott) Produced by Johnny Simmen
For more information visit www.mickeyguyton.com