As 2021 comes to a close, multi-Platinum-selling No. 1 singer-songwriter Lauren Alaina marks and celebrates a DECADE in country music. She wraps a dream-defining year with her biggest career dream come true Saturday night when she was invited by her friend/mentor Trisha Yearwood inviting her to become a member of the Grand Ole Opry after first stepping on to the stage 10 years ago for her debut in June 2011.
Alaina looks ahead to even more career-defining moments in 2022 after announcing her second headlining tour, making more music, songwriting, exciting and yet-to-be announced partnerships and projects and of course, looking ahead to the night she becomes a member of the Opry family.
“When I look back at all that my team and I accomplished in the past year, my heart could explode,” said Alaina. “I am so grateful and excited for all the projects I have been blessed to be a part of. And PS, I AM GOING TO BE THE NEWEST MEMBER OF THE GRAND OLE OPRY!”
2021 career highlights for Alaina included:
- Surprised by Trisha Yearwood onstage at the Grand Ole Opry Saturday night (12/18) with invitation to become an official member of the Opry family
- Lauren’s uplifting new Thomas Nelson/HarperCollins book, Getting Good at Being You: Learning to Love Who God Made You to Be has been a smash with readers, and was the #1 New Release on two of Amazon’s sales charts in its first week of release in December. The first-time author discussed her new book – where she encourages readers to embrace how “perfectly imperfect they are” – at “America’s Newsroom”, The Christian Post, CBNNews.com and many other outlets.
- Announced her second career headlining tour, On Top Of The World Tour Presented By Maurices, kicking off in February 2022
- Released third album Sitting Pretty On Top of the World in September
- Her duet, “Getting Good,” with her idol/mentor Trisha Yearwood was certified GOLD by the RIAA
- Georgia native starred in her first Hallmark Channel movie “Roadhouse Romance” which premiered to rave reviews and became the #1 most-watched entertainment cable program of the day and week.
- Alaina and her No. 1 debuting album Sitting Pretty On Top of the World were featured on Entertainment Tonight, Billboard, FORBES, PEOPLE, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, CMT Hot 20, Holler Country, Music Row, EverythingNash.com, Country Now, RIFF Magazine, Sounds Like Nashville, Taste of Country, The Boot, Outsider.com and more.
- The CMA Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the Country Music Association, invited Alaina as the non-profit’s newest Artist Ambassador, further expanding its support and advocation for equitable music education opportunities across the U.S.
- Invited by the Atlanta Braves to perform that National Anthem at Game 5 of the MLB World Series
- She was invited back in October to perform and flip the switch on the Grand Ole Opry’s popular Opry Goes Pink to help raise awareness for breast cancer research
- Invited to perform at the 14th Annual Academy of Country Music Honors to honor her friend/co-writer/songwriter Hilary Lindsey
About Lauren Alaina:
Multi-Platinum-selling singer/songwriter Lauren Alaina has earned three No. 1 hit singles in just under three years with her smash “Road Less Traveled” (2017), the now 6x Platinum “What Ifs” (2018) with her childhood friend and superstar Kane Brown (his first career No. 1), and “One Beer” (2020) with friend and rising star HARDY (also his first career No. 1). Her No. 1 debuting album Sitting Pretty On Top of The World, which includes her current single “Getting Over Him” featuring Jon Pardi, as well as her recently RIAA-certified Gold-selling “Getting Good.” Alaina recently released her inspirational book “Getting Good At Being You.”
Sitting Pretty on Top of the World follows on the heels of the Georgia native’s two EPs, Getting Over Him EP and the previous Getting Good EP, which were evidence of her evolution as a songwriter. Her album Road Less Traveled was the most-streamed album of the year for a female artist in 2017 and landed on multiple “Best Of” lists including Billboard,Rolling Stone and Amazon. The album included her first No. 1 smash “Road Less Traveled” as well “Doin’ Fine,” and the inspiring, “Three.
Alaina has shared the stage with superstars including Alan Jackson, Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood, Luke Bryan, Martina McBride and Jason Aldean, sold out her own, first-ever headlining, That Girl Was Me Tour, and has performed on some of the highest-profile stages in the world including national television performances on PBS’s A Capitol Fourth, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, TODAY, ABC’s Good Morning America, The Ellen Degeneres Show, Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, ABC’s CMA Fest specials, CMA and ACM Awards, Dallas Cowboys Thanksgiving Day halftime performance, MLB’s World Series national anthem (Game 5, 2021) and more including a performance at the White House for President Obama for a PBS special.