Jon Pardi will release the deluxe version of his album, Heartache Medication, on Friday (October 2nd). Heartache Medication (Deluxe Version) is the extended version of Pardi’s critically-acclaimed album Heartache Medication,” which debuted among the top albums on Billboard’s Country Albums chart and garnered the “hero in the making” (Variety) a double nomination as both artist and producer for ACM’s Album of the Year category and a nod for CMA’s Album of the Year. October 2nd is the one year anniversary since Pardi, for the first time, headlined back-to-back nights of the Ryman Auditorium during his album release week for Heartache Medication, and it’s also the night he got engaged.
Pardi delivers the Deluxe Version with his previously released 14 tracks, plus three new bonus tracks including “Bar Downtown,” “Beer Light,” and a new version of his current hit single “Ain’t Always The Cowboy” (Western Version).
*View the full tracklisting below.
The ACM/CMA winning artist recently became the first country artist to have two #1 singles on Country Radio in 2020. Heartache Medication (Deluxe Version) follows the release of “Ain’t Always The Cowboy” (Western Version) and Pardi’s RANCHO FIESTA SESSIONS– an eight-song album that features a combination of songs Pardi is both inspired by, and loves to perform-and his ACM/CMA nominated album, HEARTACHE MEDICATION. For more information visit www.jonpardi.com.
Heartache Medication (Deluxe Version) Track List*
- Old Hat (Jeff Hyde, Matt Jenkins and Ryan Tyndell)
- Heartache Medication (Jon Pardi, Barry Dean and Natalie Hemby)
- Nobody Leaves A Girl Like That (Bart Butler, Marv Green and Jimmy Yeary)
- Ain’t Always The Cowboy (Brandon Kinney and Josh Thompson)
- Me And Jack (Jon Pardi, Rhett Akins, Bart Butler and Luke Laird)
- Don’t Blame It On Whiskey (Featuring Lauren Alaina) (Eric Church, Michael Heeney, Luke Laird and Miranda Lambert)
- Tied One On (Bart Butler, Chase McGill and Jamie Paulin)
- Oughta Know That (Jon Pardi, Bart Butler and Luke Laird)
- Tequila Little Time (Jon Pardi, Rhett Akins and Luke Laird)
- Buy That Man A Beer (Clint Daniels, Justin Lantz and John Pierce)
- Call Me Country (Jon Pardi, Bart Butler and Driver Williams)
- Just Like Old Times (Jon Pardi, Jeff Hyde and Michael Heeney)
- Love Her Like She’s Leaving (Bart Butler, Dean Dillon and Jessie Jo Dillon)
- Starlight (Jon Pardi, Bart Butler and Jeffrey Steele)
- Bar Downtown (Josh Osborne, Josh Thompson, Matt Dragstrem)
- Beer Light (Jon Pardi, Brice Long, Jeff Hyde)
- Ain’t Always The Cowboy (Western Version) (Brandon Kinney and Josh Thompson)
Jon Pardi (story behind Beer Light) OC: …which is awesome. :
” ‘Beer Light’ is a song we wrote on a bus trip last year, and it was so cool. Jeff Hyde had this melody and it was just so awesome. They kind of wrote the song, and I kind of came in and we kind of changed the melody and we talked about ‘beer light.’ It’s kind of this moving on song where he’s kind over his wild days of partying to get over this girl and trying to drown his sorrows and now he’s just chill with a cold beer in his hand and having a good time and sitting under that old neon sign, which I think is really cool in a different way to say that, which is awesome.”
Jon Pardi (Bar Downtown and Beer Light on HM Deluxe) OC: …awesome. :23
“‘Bar Downtown’ is awesome. I love this, and I heard this song back when we could go downtown. I thought it was great, and it was just an infectious melody and it’s that wondering where she is kind of song, and I love those kind of songs so I’m glad it made it on the Heartache Medication Deluxe. But I felt like these two songs fit on the Deluxe and when they come out, hearing them all together with the Heartache Medication playlist, it’s gonna be awesome.”