Kip Moore‘s highly anticipated sophomore album on MCA Nashville, WILD ONES, is set for release August 21st. Fans can pre-order the album with an exclusive merch package here.
“WILD ONES really encompasses everything I’ve been through out on the road since the first album, it embodies us as a band every night out on stage, it alludes to the traveling circus it sometimes feels like we are a part of,” said Moore. “I’m so glad that I’m able to finally let the fans know when to expect what we’ve been working on so passionately for the past couple years, to let them know the wait is nearly over.”
Each song on the 13-track disc was born on the road during soundchecks, inside backstage dressing rooms and in Moore’s bunk at night, and recorded during “time off” from playing more than 200 shows a year.
Driven forward by electric guitars and gang vocals, “Lipstick” is the album’s most heartfelt tribute to the road, with each verse rattling off a list of the favorite cities Moore and his bandmates have played in the past. Other songs, like “That Was Us,” take a look backward, sketching a picture of the archetypal small-town Saturday nights that filled Moore’s teenage years in Georgia. “Magic,” anchored by one of the anthemic, open-armed choruses of Moore’s career, is loud and lovely, and “Comeback Kid” packs its punch the opposite way: by dialing back the volume and delivering quiet praise to the underdog in all of us. The new album also features the playful lead single, “I’m To Blame,” which is climbing the country radio charts now.
“I’m truly hoping that people just simply love the project that I’ve worked so hard on,” says a heartfelt Kip. “I hope that people take the time to actually listen to this record as a whole, as a whole body of work and appreciate what we’ve done as a band, and I hope that it puts us to the next level.”
WILD ONES TRACK LIST:
- Wild Ones (Kip Moore, Chris DeStefano, Brett James)
- Come And Get It (Kip Moore, Brett James, Manny Medina)
- Girl of Summer (Kip Moore, Troy Verges, Blair Daly)
- Magic (Kip Moore, Westin Davis, Luke Dick)
- That Was Us (Kip Moore, Westin Davis, Dan Couch)
- Lipstick (Kip Moore, Justin Weaver, David Frasier, Westin Davis)
- What Ya Got On Tonight (Kip Moore, Troy Verges, Blair Daly)
- Heart’s Desire (Kip Moore, Dan Couch, Adam Browder, Erich Wigdahl)
- Complicated (Kip Moore, Chris DeStefano, Rodney Clawson)
- I’m To Blame (Kip Moore, Justin Weaver, Westin Davis)
- That’s Alright With Me (Kip Moore, Dan Couch, Luke Dick)
- Running For You (Kip Moore, Troy Verges, Blair Daly)
- Comeback Kid (Kip Moore, Erik Dylan, Ross Copperman, Jeff Hyde)WILD ONES follows Moore’s debut album, UP ALL NIGHT, which scored three No. One hit singles and notched two PLATINUM certifications with “Hey Pretty Girl” selling over 1 million and “Somethin’ ‘Bout A Truck” earning DOUBLE PLATINUM status. This summer, Moore will bring his “high energy set” (Rolling Stone) out on the road with Dierks Bentley for his 2015 Sounds of Summer Tour.
For more information, visit www.kipmoore.net
Kip Moore (hopes for new album) OC: …it can do. :34
“I’m truly hoping that people just simply love the project that I’ve worked so hard on. I hope that people take the time to actually listen to this record as a whole, as a whole body of work and appreciate what we’ve done as a band, and I hope that it puts us to the next level. We want to continue growing as a band, and I hope this record achieves what I have in my mind, and I like to keep those things in my mind. I don’t like to say them out loud, but I hope this record does what I have in my mind thinking what it can do.”