Despite sharing news he is currently in quarantine with COVID 19, Luke Bryan and the team at UMG Nashville do have something to celebrate today with the out-of-the-gate success of his brand new single “Waves” as it tallies the most adds at country radio its debut week. Luke premiered a pre-taped performance of “Waves” on Good Morning America last Friday.
The music video also premiered on April 9 with media claiming it brings the song’s “summer love story to life.”
“Waves,” written by Zach Crowell, Ryan Hurd and Chase McGill, is the fifth single from BORN HERE LIVE HERE DIE HERE (Deluxe Edition), which was released last Friday with six additional songs. It is the follow up to the project’s already four consecutive #1 singles. Get the album HERE.
BORN HERE LIVE HERE DIE HERE (Deluxe Edition)
1. Knockin’ Boots (Hillary Lindsey, Jon Nite, Gordie Sampson)
2. What She Wants Tonight (Luke Bryan, Ross Copperman, Hillary Lindsey, Jon Nite)
3. Born Here Live Here Die Here (Jake Mitchell, Jameson Rodgers, Josh Thompson)
4. One Margarita (Michael Carter, Matt Dragstrem, Josh Thompson)
5. Too Drunk To Drive (Luke Bryan, Michael Carter, Brandon Kinney)
6. Build Me A Daddy (Jake Mitchell, Josh Thompson, Brett Tyler)
7. Little Less Broken (Michael Carter, Lindsay Rimes, Matt Rogers)
8. For A Boat (Randy Montana, Josh Thompson, Mike Walker)
9. Where Are We Goin’ (Luke Bryan, Brent Cobb)
10. Down To One (Dallas Davidson, Justin Ebach, Kyle Fishman)
11. Country Does (Ross Copperman, Shane McAnally and Josh Osborne)
12. Drink A Little Whiskey Down (Luke Bryan, Matt Dragstrem, Josh Thompson)
13. Waves (Zach Crowell, Ryan Hurd, Chase McGill)
14. Bill Dance (Luke Bryan, Rhett Akins, Dallas Davidson, Ben Hayslip)
15. Up (Jeremy Bussey, Taylor Phillips, Bobby Pinson)
16. Floatin’ This Creek (Luke Bryan, Chase McGill, Jeff Stevens, Jody Stevens)
About Luke Bryan
Luke wrapped 2020 as Billboard’s Top Country Artist of the 2010s by reigning on their charts with 11 #1s on the Hot Country Songs chart and nine #1s on the Top Country Albums chart during the last decade.
Since his debut in 2009, Luke has garnered 26 #1 hits and has more RIAA certified digital singles than any other country artist with 54.5 million. Luke has also tallied 14.6 Billion streams, 12.5 million albums sold with four Platinum albums, two 4x-Platinum albums, seven RIAA certified albums, 22 Platinum singles and 12 Multi-Platinum singles.
Luke’s seven headline concert tours have played for 12 million fans including 36 stadium concerts, 11 Farm Tours, six years of Spring Break shows and six sold-out Crash My Playa concert events.
He was recognized as a CMT Artist of the Year six consecutive times, was twice named the Entertainer of the Year by BOTH the Academy of Country Music and the Country Music Association and was honored as a NSAI Artist/Songwriter of the Year. In total Luke has won over 40 music awards including seven ACM awards including his honor as the first-ever recipient of the ACM Album of the Decade Award for Crash My Party, seven CMT Music Awards, five Billboard Music Awards, four American Music Awards, two CMA awards, an iHeart and a Teen Choice award and more. Luke was also named the Most Heard Artist of the Decade by Country Aircheck and the Country Radio Broadcasters (CRB) 2021 honored him with the Artist Humanitarian Award this February.