In less than two weeks on Sunday, Sept. 8th, seven-time Grammy Award-winner and multi-platinum recording artist Carrie Underwood and NFL players star in the debut of the 2019 show open for NBC’s Sunday Night Football, primetime television’s No. 1 program for an unprecedented eight consecutive years
Underwood, who stars in the NBC SNF show open for the seventh consecutive year, welcomes Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Joan Jett, who makes an appearance during Underwood’s performance.
Thirteen NFL players, who have accounted for 31 Pro Bowl selections (including 10 2018 Pro Bowlers), four Super Bowl rings, and nine first-round draft picks, are in the show open. Following is the complete list:
- Atlanta Falcons WR Julio Jones
- Chicago Bears DB Kyle Fuller
- Chicago Bears LB Khalil Mack
- Chicago Bears QB Mitch Trubisky
- Cleveland Browns QB Baker Mayfield
- Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott
- Kansas City Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes
- Los Angeles Rams QB Jared Goff
- Minnesota Vikings QB Kirk Cousins
- Philadelphia Eagles QB Carson Wentz
- Philadelphia TE Zach Ertz
- Philadelphia Eagles DT Fletcher Cox
- Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
Tripp Dixon is creative director of the SNF show open.
For the first time in the series’ 14 seasons, the SNF show open was filmed inside an NFL stadium, with Mercedes-Benz Stadium, home of the Atlanta Falcons, serving as the “stage.”
Carrie, who is climbing the country charts with her smash hit “Southbound,” takes fans behind-the-scenes of the Sunday Night Football theme. See below.
Just a few more days to wait…
— SNF on NBC (@SNFonNBC) August 26, 2019