NASHVILLE, TN (March 10, 2015) – NOW That’s What I Call ACM Awards 50 Years, the milestone anniversary collaboration between the Academy of Country Music and NOW That’s What I Call Music!, is released Tuesday, March 31st.
The collection of recordings celebrate the ACM Awards’ 50-year history and will feature 2 discs as well as a digital collection of ACM award-winning songs. The first disc will feature recent contemporary hits while the second will include timeless classics.
The complete track listing for NOW That’s What I Call ACM Awards 50 Years includes:
DISC ONE (1990-2015)
- Jason Aldean (with Luke Bryan & Eric Church) The Only Way I Know 2012
- Lee Brice I Drive Your Truck 2012
- Luke Bryan Country Girl (Shake It For Me) 2011
- Blake Shelton Honey Bee 2011
- Taylor Swift Mean 2010
- Lady Antebellum Need You Now 2010
- Miranda Lambert The House That Built Me 2009
- Brad Paisley & Keith Urban Start A Band 2008
- Reba & Kelly Clarkson Because of You 2007
- George Strait Give It Away 2006
- Carrie Underwood Jesus, Take the Wheel 2005
- Tim McGraw Live Like You Were Dying 2004
- Kenny Chesney The Good Stuff 2002
- Lee Ann Womack I Hope You Dance 2000
- Faith Hill This Kiss 1998
- Alan Jackson Chattahoochee 1993
- Brooks & Dunn Boot Scootin’ Boogie 1991
DISC TWO (1965-1989)
- Clint Black Better Man 1989
- Hank Williams Jr. There’s a Tear in My Beer 1989
- Randy Travis Forever and Ever Amen 1987
- The Highwaymen Highwayman 1985
- The Judds Why Not Me 1984
- Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers Islands in the Stream 1983
- Willie Nelson Always on My Mind 1982
- Alabama Love in the First Degree 1981
- The Oak Ridge Boys Elvira 1981
- David Frizzell & Shelly West You’re the Reason God Made Oklahoma 1980
- George Jones He Stopped Loving Her Today 1980
- Larry Gatlin & the Gatlin Bros. All the Gold in California 1979
- Don Williams Tulsa Time 1978
- Glen Campbell Rhinestone Cowboy 1975
- Charlie Rich Behind Closed Doors 1973
- Loretta Lynn & Conway Twitty Lead Me On 1971
- Merle Haggard Okie From Muskogee 1969
The album will be released on March 31st, just in time for the 50th Academy of Country Music Awards broadcast LIVE on Sunday, April 19th at 8:00pm ET/delayed PT on the CBS Television Network. All of the Academy’s proceeds from sales of the album will go to ACM Lifting Lives, the philanthropic arm of the Academy of Country Music, dedicated to improving lives through the power of music.
NOW That’s What I Call ACM Awards 50 Years is a collaboration between Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment and the Academy of Country Music, and the album will be distributed by Universal Music Group Distribution. The NOW That’s What I Call Music! series is a joint venture from Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment. NOW and NOW That’s What I Call Music!are registered trademarks of Universal Music Group and its affiliates.
NOW That’s What I Call Music! debuted in the U.S. in 1998, following 15 years of multi-platinum international success. The series has generated sales exceeding 250 million albums worldwide, including more than 94 million in the U.S. All 53 volumes in NOW’s numeric U.S. series have charted in the top 10 of Billboard’s Album Chart, 19 of which have reached #1.
The 50th Academy of Country Music Awards is dedicated to honoring and showcasing the biggest names and emerging talent in the country music industry. The show is produced for television by dick clark productions and will broadcast LIVE from AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX on Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 8:00 PM live ET/delayed PT on the CBS Television Network. Allen Shapiro, Mike Mahan, R.A. Clark and Barry Adelman are executive producers. Bob Romeo is executive producer for the Academy of Country Music.
ACM Lifting Lives® is the philanthropic arm of the Academy of Country Music dedicated to improving lives through the power of music. Through partnerships with artists and strong ties in the music industry, ACM Lifting Lives develops and funds music-related therapy and education programs, and serves members of the community who face unexpected hardships through its Diane Holcomb Emergency Relief Fund. Through generous donations and the support of artists and fans, ACM Lifting Lives is able to fund everything from disaster relief and helping communities in need, to music education in schools and music camps for those with disabilities, to supporting programs that use music therapy as a means to help our veterans and wounded warriors, while providing grants to help them ease back into life. For more information, please visit www.ACMLiftingLives.org.
Luke Bryan (loves Country Girl) OC: …tiresome work. :33
“What I love about the song the most is the verses. I really like how the verses came together. It seems like around every little corner there’s a fun, you know, with the little break-down dance – ‘like a dandelion’ and all that. All that stuff is like ear candy to me. I just felt like it was important, I felt like it was a young, fun song, and I felt like it said right away what we were going after and it’s certainly it’s kind of paced faster than anything I’ve ever had and that’s always rewarding. I think it makes everybody’s hard work, everybody can go, ‘Yeah, it’s worth all the sleepless nights and all the tiresome work.’”